четверг, 16 октября 2008 г.

balch lake




I usually take pride in being a relatively rational person.�� But on certain issues, my Croatian superstitious nature comes right to the surface.� For example, Iapos;m a strong believer in not speaking too soon.� When I drove the car that I dubbed "Lady Three Hubcaps" I frequently had to make visits to the mechanic.� When my WASP mother (who really should know better after 3 decades of living with Croats) would make a remark like "Gee, your car hasnapos;t had to be repaired in a while."� Iapos;d interrupt with a comment like "SHUT UP� It will HEAR you"

Iapos;ve also discovered Iapos;m quite superstitious about certain dates.� One of my friends and I just figured out her most dysfunctional relative, my most dysfunctional ex (and half of his EXTREMELY dysfunctional family) plus my most difficult student....all have November 13th birthdays.� June 12th is a date when I tend to lose loved ones.� Both my paternal grandparents died on that day, as well as my great-grandfather, and my cat.� (Well sad day for me....very happy day for my other cat� The other cat alway ate all his food.)

I sometimes wonder if there is some potency to what a person is named.� Iapos;ve had names where Iapos;ve had good luck like: Alice - not only a great book, but I tend to get along with people of that name, and had the best kiss of my life playing Alice Sycamore; Stephanie - my favorite babysitter as a kid, one of my best friends in college....and the name of half the people Iapos;m meeting in Oshkosh; Matthew, Ramona...etc. Etc.

I wonder how much the name weapos;re given affects our personality, or if itapos;s just a good descriptor of what was there to begin with.� One of my friends just had a baby.� Her name is Claire Winter.� I was doubly pleased because Claire is one of my good luck names....and Claire Winter, if you look at what the names mean, has a connotation of Winterapos;s Light.

As for my own name, Iapos;ve been finding it more and more appropriate the more silly things I write.� The Hilarie-Hilarious connection is obvious, but the last name works pretty well too.� One of my Croatian friends remarked to me " apos;Mukaapos; means suffering and apos;vitzapos; means joke...so youapos;re name implies that all of lifeapos;s suffering is a joke"� Of course when I told my family that they laughed



computer desks for sale uk, balch lake, balch lake maine, balch lake nh.



Комментариев нет: